DescriptionWritten & produced by Tuomas Salmela Klas Lindblad.
Remix & additional production on "Chi Chi (Wiretappeur Remix)" by Wiretappeur.
Published by Copyright Control.
Mastered by John Dalagelis at Dalasounds Studio.
Dieb Audio 2010
The next installment in our ever-growing catalogue marks the return of two of our favorite artists, the inimitable Phonogenic and Sasse. Not content with producing some of the most forward thinking and memorable pieces of electronic music in recent years as solo artists, this pair of talented Finns has decided to join forces and go for the jugular. The result is a double A-side EP consisting of two awesome productions, showcasing their mighty production credentials. We've decided to considerably up the ante this time around and have enlisted the red hot production team of Wiretappeur to handle remix duties.
Anyone familiar with either Phonogenic or Sasse will undoubtedly be aware of their unparalleled flexibility and versatility in the studio-their productions can range from deep and and emotive to funky and pounding and these new collaborative compositions provide good evidence of this. On "ChiChi" the guys lay down a solid, repetitive rhythm arrangement with some cool, percussive chord work and effective drum patterns. The highlight comes in the form of an oscillating, moving synth line that rips through the core of the track and provides its resonating, memorable hook.
On "Redemption" we find them exploring more percussive-led housey territory, using shakers, timbales and various other interesting timbres and textures to create a hypnotic, yet groovy vibe. Blending this vibe with their innate musical sense, in the form of some nifty chordal stabs and chopped vocal snippets, they deliver a perfect complement to the a-side and add considerable scope to the EP.
Last but not least, label figurehead Stel alongside our frequent co-conspirators Nils Nurnberg and Florian Kruse round the package off in perfect form, under their Wiretappeur guise. Bringing their very classy and much-in-demand deep house touch to "ChiChi" they reinterpret the original by utilizing and manipulating its key elements into a warm and emotive journey, that flows and grooves along, providing the ideal counterpoint to this excellent package.
We're delighted to present what we feel is another outstanding addition to our release catalogue. Enjoy!!
We hope you enjoy this package as much as we have planning, constructing and presenting it!
* Sven Vath: Chi Chi is good!
* Steve Bug: chi chi is great! i like the original, also redemption is great!
* Joris Voorn: Nice stuff!! Some deep chords and groovy beats.
* Mihalis Safras: loving it!
* Patrick Chardronnet: FAT RELEASE! SUPPORT ALL
* Nick Warren: brilliant work as usual
* Russ Gabriel: Love the original of Chi Chi. Can't wait to play it out. Awesome!
* Christian Smith: reminds me of old trax records from chicago in the late 80's...very nice and deep redepmtion is more peaktime and i really like this! will play!
* Desyn Masiello: Solid package, as ever. Will support.
* Matthias Vogt (Motorcitysoul): wiretappeur remix: way deeeeeep!
* Marco Bailey: good housy stuff
* Orde Meikle (Slam): excellent originals- top remix - strong